It can be hard to keep up with all of the apps available from distributors and manufacturers nowadays. Here is a roundup of some of the apps we've featured on our blog in the past.
Parker Hannifin has launched several apps:
- The Parker Tracking System (PTS) allows you to print durable barcode labels for Parker hose assemblies and related products to make identifying and acquiring products faster, easier, and more accurately. PTS Mobile enables users to initiate a replacement order directly from their smartphone.
- The Parker FittingFinder app helps you easily locate the part number for the fitting you need using the touchscreen on your smart phone or tablet. Developed for field maintenance and design engineers alike, the new Parker FittingFinder app is the ultimate interactive resource for all tube fitting leak-free solutions. There's fitting identification by selecting size and shape of each end, search by part number, and even e-mailable spec pages!
- The Parker HoseFinder app lets you search for hoses using the S.T.A.M.P. selection guide or browse through categories including hoses, fittings, crimpers and more.
- The Parker Mobile Product Selector app helps you find the Parker products and capabilities that are suitable for a number of mobile and transportation applications like construction vehicles, farming vehicles, trucks, trailers, etc.
- The Parker Par Fit app provides a searchable cross-reference of over 90,000 filter elements from over 700 manufacturers, and displays the ParFit™ ordering code for a replacement that is fully interchangeable with the original element and performs to the same or better standards.
You can find these apps on both the iTunes and Google Play stores.
These apps are available from Eaton for the iPhone:
- The eFiltration app allows users to browse Eaton filtration products, determine the right solution with the advanced Filter Finder tool, and view product literature, specifications and videos.
- The PowerEdge app has similar capabilities for Eaton's electrical product catalog.
- The PowerSource app is a guide for hydraulic products including crimp specifications, competitor cross references, model code builders, hose assembly builders, and more.
- Use Eaton's UPS Tool to find the best UPS solution for your application and power needs.
- The GoTo app connects to the most up-to-date GoTo information and part numbers for faster access than ever to Rexroth’s broad GoTo Products offering.
- The Fit4Filter app allows customers to cross reference and replace their existing hydraulic filter elements with the corresponding Rexroth filters.
You can find more information at this link.
Gates Corporation has created several apps:
- The PT Toolkit app bundles together some of the most commonly-referenced power transmission calculations for quick and easy access, including an energy savings calculator, center distance calculator, belt tension calculator, and conversions tool. In offline mode, calculator results can be generated and saved. When wireless service is restored, email calculations directly to customers, colleagues, or yourself.
- The NaviGates Mobile App enables users to easily search for belt routing diagrams, stores, and Gates OE quality aftermarket parts.
- The Parts Image Capture (PIC) Gauge accurately and reliably evaluates belt wear. PIC Gauge uses patent-pending digital imaging technology and industry-standard specifications to determine the amount of material loss on any automotive or heavy-duty K-section serpentine belt.
- Gates’ new DesignConnect™ allows design engineers to download 2D dimensioned drawings and 3D models of Gates couplings and adapter products
All Gates apps are available in the iTunes and Google Play stores.
Dixon Valve's mobile app features the King Crimp calculator, Dixon Quick Coupling Global Interchange and Dixon on the Web. The King Crimp Calculator allows the user to enter hose dimensions with a resulting crimp diameter and corresponding sleeve, ferrule and fitting part numbers all linked to the product's specification page on the Dixon website. The Dixon Quick Coupling Global Interchange allows the user to quickly cross-reference Dixon Quick Coupling part numbers with those of other manufacturers. You can read more about the app here.
Goodyear's MaximizerPro™ mobile app uses their exclusive drive selection analysis software to help you design efficient power transmission belt drives for your customer’s applications. Simply select the Goodyear Engineered Products you want to consider, enter your drive specifications and Maximize. The results are sorted by lowest annual energy costs. Within seconds, you are provided with options for efficient drive design, complete with part numbers, power rating, belt tensioning information and drive layouts.
Industrial automation supplier PHD now offers several mobile apps for iOS and Android phones that help customers search for the right products for their application.
- PHD 3D allows you to generate and view PHD CAD models from an iPad.
- The PHD Education Center app is an educational resource that utilizes animations to depict the advantage of product features, how the technology works, comparisons of products and application examples through an interactive application.
- The PHD Product Specs app is an educational resource that guides the user in discovering the advantages of product features, key specs on product technology, and product visualization through hi-res images all in an interactive application.
Brennan Industries, the largest manufacturer and supplier of hydraulic connectors in the US (and longtime Tribute customer) offers its Brennan Mobile Catalog for iPhone and Android, featuring 30,000 Brennan products in the palm of your hand, along with competitor’s part number cross-reference and contact information for multiple locations.
Pumps & Systems Magazine, the leading magazine for pump users worldwide, compiled a list of the Top 20 list apps for Pump Users. You can see Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
Users of smart phones and tablets now have the ability to view, sort, and export profiles of U.S. manufacturing companies with the launch of a new mobile app for EZSelect.com, an industrial database subscription service offered by industrial publisher Manufacturers' News, Inc.
Rubber Tree Systems partners with Tribute, Inc. to offer Tribute Mobile & TrulinX Mobile - apps that allow outside sales and management to view pertinent customer information while on the road.
New apps are launched every day. Be sure to visit your favorite manufacturer's website to see what apps and tools they have to offer to help make your job easier!