Employing a team of remote workers has its benefits, but communication can be difficult. In addition to the usual advice about regular calls, emails, news bulletins and group chat rooms, here are five tips for successfully keeping your remote workers in the loop, courtesy of this article by Amy-Mae Elliott for Mashable:
- Be Hyper-Aware of Misinterpretation of the Written Word. Written communication can easily be misinterpreted. It’s extra important to keep your messages clear of ambiguity and avoid causing any offense.
- Share Informal News As Well as Company News. Be sure to share personal news from within the team so coworkers avoid feeling left out.
- Be Open About Less Positive Developments. Communicate less positive developments with your staff as openly and honestly as possible.
- Use the Cloud. Ensure that all relevant information your staff could possibly need access to is available, securely, in the cloud, 24/7.
- Always Make Further Actions Crystal Clear. Management should make certain that everyone is clear on the results of a call, virtual meeting or emails.
Finally, remember that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for keeping your remote workers in the loop. It’s important to monitor how effective your company’s communications are and adapt your methods accordingly.
For the complete article, click here.