The cost of paper document storage and management is staggering:
- A typical employee spends 30% - 40% of his time looking for information locked in e-mail, documents, shared hard disks and filing cabinets
- The average document is copied 9 to 11 times
- Filing costs average $20 per document
- 18 minutes is the average search time for a document
- When an employee leaves a company 70% of his knowledge walks out the door
- Each misfiled document costs $125
- Each lost document costs $350 to $700
- More than 70% of today's businesses would fail within 3 weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records due to fire or flood.
Sources: AIIM, ARMA and Gartner
Paper documents are hard to share, costly to file, take up a lot of storage space, and are difficult to retrieve. Wouldn’t it be great if you could eliminate all that paper, store it on your server, and retrieve it with a simple click on a link? Document management solutions like those offered by Tribute partner Enlighten.Net offer a way to do that and gain the following:
One of the biggest hidden costs that paper-intensive businesses face is the time it takes to work with paper files: employees spend valuable time walking to and from central records rooms and finding and replacing documents. A document management solution makes employees more productive, since they can work with those documents without ever leaving their desks. Document management solutions also eliminate the costs of lost documents, and can even provide savings in the form of reclaimed office space that had been used for paper storage.
If you’re not taking data security seriously, you should be. Threats from outside (competition, identity thieves) and inside (disgruntled employees, employee theft) threaten the integrity and value of your most important information. Document management solutions can provide security as to who can have access.
- Disaster recovery. Document management solutions typically include off-site data backups and other steps to ensure that a fire, flood, or break-in won’t cripple your business.
- Access. The right document management solution allows more than one person to look at a file at the same time – and gives your employees access to vital records from wherever they are. In addition, publishing rights allows employees to see and change only the documents they’re authorized to handle.
- Process consistency. One benefit that matters more to larger companies is that a document management solution will enforce consistency. No longer will consistency in filing, naming conventions, and workflow suffer as you add new employees or cover for vacationing staff.
To sum it up, the document management solution from Enlighten.Net provides:
- Reduced operational costs and administration time
- Easy, instant access to information
- Increased productivity
- Increased security and backup
For more information, contact Jan Chapin. Enlighten.Net will also be at the Tribute’s User’s Group Meeting in June.