The PTDA has released the Power Transmission Handbook eBook. This digital version of the new and improved fifth edition of the Power Transmission Handbook is a highly regarded comprehensive primer on the products, technology and concepts in the power transmission industry.
The handbook is an excellent primer for new employees, a go-to reference for experienced staff and an ideal resource to train customers on installation and maintenance.
Some of the enhancements:
- The Adjustable Speed Drives chapter covers new speed control technologies and the benefits they provide such as higher performance, reduced maintenance and greatly improved energy efficiency.
- The Bearings chapter includes a new section on linear bearings.
- The Clutches & Brakes chapter reflects increased market activity in the C-face clutches and brakes; recent developments in pneumatic actuation; and more information on common applications and usage.
- The Controls & Sensors chapter includes information on the new standards developed to help speed the development and implementation of these controls.
- The Conveyors & Components chapter introduces a new special unit handling section; additional content on plastic belts/chains in food & beverage applications with graphic support; and expanded content in the bucket elevator section.
- The Linear Motion chapter includes a new section covering electromechanical, stage, slide and table actuators.
- The Motors chapter is updated to include the new U.S. electric motor regulation mandated by the Energy Independence and Security Act.
The Power Transmission Handbook eBook is currently available in both Apple and Kindle formats and is and is available for sale through the PTDA store. You can also find the PTDA on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tribute, Inc. is a provider of ERP business management software for industrial distributors in the power transmission, motion control, and fluid power industry.