Good News! If you've upgraded to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 and use Symantec's Backup Executive, you now have the ability to backup your data with Backup Exec 2014.
What’s New in Backup Exec 2014?
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 support: Backup Exec now fully supports Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Superior visibility into backup jobs: The Backup Exec job monitor is back. You can monitor the status of all backup jobs from a single view, giving you visibility into the status of your backup jobs. In addition, save time and simplify the creation of backup jobs by backing up and managing multiple servers with a single backup job.
- Simplified upgrade/migration process: If you are using Backup Exec 12.5, 2010 or 2012 you can upgrade and keep your jobs and settings intact, simplifying the move to Backup Exec 2014.
- Granular recovery for Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013: Backup Exec granular recovery technology (GRT) is now available for Exchange 2013 and SharePoint 2013. From a single-pass backup, you can quickly recover granular objects such as Exchange email and SharePoint documents.
- Optimized performance: In their internal testing, Backup Exec 2014 has shown up to 100% faster backup and deduplication speeds compared to previous versions of the software.
Tribute has tested Backup Exec 2014 and it's good to go for servers running TrulinX software. Symantec will continue to release service packs every 90 days, and the current target for Backup Exec 2014 Service Pack 1 is September 2014. For more information from Symantec, click here.