Ensuring that schools are teaching students the right skills to be successful in the industry is an important part of filling workforce needs.
The new Education Partner Locator on NFPA.com lets you search by country, state, education level (2- and 4-year degrees), and proximity to your location, and then aggregates a list of tech schools and universities that already teach fluid power with contact information.
It’s a great way to connect with a school near you and help get students interested in fluid power.
Get involved with a local school
- Be a mentor or donate equipment and parts for fluid power labs and class projects.
- Host or judge a Fluid Power Action Challenge event—a competition that challenges middle school students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power.
- Hold a Student Career Connections event and invite students to your company for a plant tour and introduction to fluid power.
- Be a reviewer for Fluid Power Scholarships or Fluid Power Robotics Challenge Scholarships.
- Help judge a Fluid Power Vehicle Challenge competition where college students redesign a bicycle using fluid power as the mode of power transmission.
NFPA’s Education Partners are schools, educators, and students who interact and share information. Not a member of NFPA? Click here to see all the benefits of membership!
Tribute, Inc. has been a 20+ year member of the ISD, FPDA, NFPA and NAHAD trade associations and provides business management software for fluid power, motion control, sealing, and hose distributors who offer design and fabrication services. Tribute, Inc. partners with industry manufacturers to streamline their distributors’ supply chain. Click for more information about TrulinX, our Windows-based product designed specifically for complex fabrication projects.