Do you fabricate hose assemblies?
The National Association for Hose & Accessories Distribution (NAHAD) is a valuable resource for hose assembly fabrication guidelines for a wide variety of hose products, all focused on ensuring hose assembly safety, quality and reliability.
In 2002, NAHAD created a Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council. The mission of the council was to develop and implement a recommended practice requiring continuous positive identification throughout the supply chain, from manufacturing to the end-user of the product. Their first Hose Assembly Guidelines Handbook was introduced in 2005.
Hose Safety Institute members – eligible NAHAD member distributors and manufacturers supporting the Hose Assembly Guidelines program – commit to employee training, quality control practices and continuous compliance with the Guidelines for all hose assemblies fabricated or sold by their company.
These members also actively support the ongoing work of reviewing, updating and adding to the Guidelines and industry best practices. The Institute’s Web site serves as the hub of information and resources, including white papers, videos, marketing tools and the online hose assembly examinations.
The Institute’s Standards Committee and the Institute Advisory Council have completed substantial work over the past several months.
In addition to updating the Institute Handbook and five online Hose Assembly Fabrication Guides, the volunteers and staff have developed new resources for NAHAD Institute members to leverage both their marketing efforts and employee development initiatives.
- The Hose Safety Institute Handbook, Version 1.2
- Five updated Hose Assembly Fabrication Guides
- All Handbook and Fabrication Guide exams
- Guide to Hose Assembly Testing
- Members that have fully met the Institute Membership requirements, including completion of Handbook and Fabrication Guide exams for each hose group in which they do business are listed in the Find an Institute Member search tool.
- The Institute provides Institute Membership Certificates, recognizing the Institute Membership for the specific company location and name.
For more information on the benefits of NAHAD membership, visit www.NAHAD.org.
Tribute, Inc. has been a proud member of NAHAD for over 20 years. A provider of business management software for fluid power and hose distributors and fabricators, Tribute has served on the technology committee and has developed industry-specific tools for this market. To learn more about TrulinX software, visit www.tribute.com